Split supports traditional direct debit through the onboarding of customers with only the BSB and Account number. Although this doesn't provide your application with our advanced capabilities, such as pre-fail, we still deliver a best in class direct debit.
The following high-level integration scope supports the below use cases:
- Your application only requires the customer's BSB and Account number
- On-boarding is done via the API with digital recording of acceptance.
- Recurring payment schedules
- Variable one-off payments to the same customer
- Variable recurring payments to the same customer
Sample businesses: lending platforms, collections, invoice financing, payment plan providers, b2b marketplaces, round-up apps.
Direct debit using Split is a 2 step process:
Step 1 - Create an Agreement for your customer with their bank account details, effectively 'on-boarding' them into Split.
Step 2 - Issue Payment Requests as per the customer payment schedule.
Our KYC-Trusted endpoints are available to merchants that have met our requirements proving that they perform KYC on their customers. The Agreements/KYC endpoint achieves the following:
- Captures BSB and Account number
- Creates a Contact in Split that your application can submit Payment Requests to
- Creates a valid Agreement between you and your customer.
We have a dedicated article that will help you understand how to create KYC trusted agreements and contacts via the API, here.
- Documentation: https://docs.split.cash
- Sandbox account: https://go.sandbox.split.cash/sign_in
- Test credentials: https://docs.split.cash/#sandbox-testing-details
- Help guides: https://help.split.cash/en/
- OAuth2 Guide: https://help.split.cash/en/articles/3649396-using-oauth-to-act-on-behalf-of-other-split-accounts
Need a helping hand? From technical questions to integration strategy and support we are here for you 9 to 5, Monday to Friday. We’re also happy to schedule a call to help you plan your integration.
The easiest way to get in touch with us is via in-app messaging. When you log in to your sandbox or production account, click on the chat bubble on the bottom-right side of the screen. Alternatively, you can send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll get right back to you.