You can easily set up a variety of recurring payment schedules within our UI.
Prior to setting up a Payment Schedule (PS) the following must already be in place:
- There must be a valid Contact in your account
- The Contact must have an active Agreement in place.
In this article, we will be discussing:
Split provides you with the ability to set up static recurring payment schedules that support variable frequencies, custom terms and specified commencement dates.
Please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Split account
- Click on
Payment Requestsfrom the left menu
- Click on
Request Paymentand select
From a contact
- Select your
Contactand provide a
Descriptionof the schedule.
- Click on Recurring, you'll then see the following:
Recurring request amount: enter the amount you wish to debit on a schedule.
- Weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly or yearly, or
- Every n days, weeks or months ensures that your recurring Payment Requests are scheduled regularly. Should it fall on a weekend or national public holiday, the Payment Request will still be scheduled but will not be processed until the next banking day.
- Every n bank days ensures that your recurring Payment Requests are only scheduled on days that the bank is able to process them. The exclusion days are weekends or national public holidays.
- Every n weekdays ensures that your recurring Payment Requests are only scheduled on weekdays. Should it fall on a national public holiday, the Payment Request will still be scheduled but will not be processed until the next banking day.
Duration: set the term of your schedule: Until cancelled, number of occurrences, or set an end date.
Request start date: You have complete control of when you would like to commence your payment schedule as well as set the time of day at which you would schedule your direct debits to mature.
6. Finally, click Request Payment
Initial + Recurring Payments
Choose this option if you would like to debit one amount initially, then a different amount on a regular basis. You can choose when the initial payment will be processed, as well as when the recurring payments should start.
Managing your Recurring Payment Schedule
You can see a list of your payment schedules on the Payment Requests page. Scroll down to the Outgoing payment schedules section. Click on an individual entry to see full details and manage the schedule on the Payment Request Schedule page.
From the Payment Request Schedule page you can see a list of Payment Requests that the schedule has generated. Each payment request is generated right at the time it is due to be created as per the schedule.
Click through to an entry to see full details of an individual Payment Request. You can also pause, resume, stop or edit your schedule. At this time it is only possible to edit the recurring amount and the description. If you need to change the schedule, please stop the Schedule and create a new one with the new schedule details
Developers integrating with the Split API
We don't provide a recurring payment scheduler via the API. This is due to the multiple ways a client might want to handle a transaction failing. For example, when a scheduled transaction fails, should it be retried? If so, on what schedule? How many times should we retry before failing? What happens if it overlaps with the following scheduled payment?
Many customers who have integrated with our API manage the schedule in their application, creating payments requests as needed via the API.