Our Open Agreement solution allows you to generate and embed an agreement link anywhere. Once you've entered in an agreement, your future Payment Requests to that person/business will be automatically approved and processed based on the agreement terms.
You can include an Open Agreement (OA) link in a text message, invoice, email or website and be notified when it's been accepted in realtime so that you can start getting paid regularly and on your terms.
- Sign in to your Split account.
- Click on Agreements.
- Click on Add open agreement.
- Fill in your details.
- Copy, share your OA link.
Customise your Open Agreement page
The resulting OA page can be customised to suit your needs. For example, if you already know the name (business or personal) and email of the agreement authoriser, you can pre-fill these fields for the other party and further simplify the process.
Here's a current list of customisation options:
name: Prefill the name or business name of the entity that will be approving the payment request
success_url: On successful payment, redirect to this URL (leave blank to let Split handle it)
faillure_url: On failure, redirect to this URL (leave blank to let Split handle it)
cancel_url: On cancel, redirect to this URL (leave blank to let Split handle it)
iav_tab: Instant bank verification title
submit_text: The submit button text
submitting_text: The text as shown on the submit button once clicked
hide_bank_icons: Only a dropdown of banks will be shown
custom_template: Specify the ID of your custom CSS template
In addition to the above options, we support embedding an unbranded & iframe friendly version of the OA page. Simply append the query string parameter to the URL:
embed=1: Removes the frame styling for seamless iFrame usage
whitelabel=1: Removes all Split branding
Example link structure using both options:
- iFrame integration is supported 👍
- When an OA is accepted, an Agreement is created and accepted. The actual OA does not change as it is just as a template.
- The OA URL can be generated within Split via the UI or API. However, if you're using the API to generate the OA URL, the customisation options must be manually appended to the URL.
- When defining a custom success URL, Split will append an
agreement_ref=xxxas a query string parameter. You can then use our API to double check the validity of the resulting Agreement reference or enable web hooks to receive a notification of the successful acceptance of the OA and the newly created Agreement. This is a good way to ensure there's been no tampering.
- When defining a custom failure URL, Split will append an errors key with the errors as a query string parameter:
http://www.example.com/failed?errors=contact.name_too_long( this article on Redirect URL's contains a list of all possible errors and their description)
- You can include query string parameters in any custom URL. For example, you may want to include your internal
customer_idto the URL so that you can easily relate the agreement result to your customer:
Dynamic HTML classes
form-invalid class is added to the primary submission button. This class is automatically removed when all the required form fields are populated. Combined with your custom CSS template, you can adjust the button behaviour to achieve your desired user experience (e.g Only show the submission button when all fields are populated).