Our Open Payment Request solution allows you to generate and embed a payment link anywhere in order to get paid. For example, include a Payment Request (PR) link in a text message, invoice, email, website and be notified when you've been paid in realtime.
- Sign in to your Split account.
- Click on
- Click on
- Fill in your details, click on
optional settingsto customise your Payment Request.
Copy, share your Payment Request link & get paid.
Customise your Payment Request page
The resulting PR page can be customised to suit your needs. For example, if you already know the name (business or personal) and email of the payer, you can pre-fill these fields for the payer and further simplify the process.
Here's a current list of customisation options:
- Name: Prefill the name or business name of the entity that will be approving the payment request
- Email: Prefill the email of the entity that will be approving the payment request
- Maturation date: Enter the date when the payment is due.
- Success URL: On successful payment, redirect to this URL (leave blank to let Split handle it)
- Failure URL: On failure, redirect to this URL (leave blank to let Split handle it)
- Cancel URL: On cancel, redirect to this URL (leave blank to let Split handle it)
- Terms of Service URL: Direct users to your own terms of service (leave blank to use Split defaults)
- Direct Debit Service URL: Direct users to your own direct debit service agreement (leave blank to use Split defaults)
- Header Title
- Instant bank verification title
- Manual bank details title
- Other institution label
- Submit text: The submit button text
- Submitting text: The text as shown on the submit button once clicked
- Hide popular bank icons: Only a dropdown of banks will be shown
Creating your Payment Request Link
In addition to the above options, we support embedding an unbranded & iframe friendly version of the PR page. Simply append the query string parameter to the URL:
embed=1: Removes the frame styling for seamless iFrame usage
whitelabel=1: Removes all Split branding
custom_template: Specify the ID of your custom CSS template
Example link structure using both options:
Dynamic HTML classes
form-invalid class is added to the primary submission button. This class is automatically removed when all the required form fields are populated. Combined with your custom CSS template, you can adjust the button behaviour to achieve your desired user experience (e.g Only show the submission button when all fields are populated).
- iFrame integration is supported 👍
- The PR URL can be generated without the Split UI. It's simply a case of using the supported query string parameters. A good way to get started is to use the UI to generate a URL and observe how the URL is built. You can then automatically build the URL within your app as needed.
- When defining a custom success URL, Split will append a
pr_ref=xxxas a query string parameter. You can then use our API to double-check the validity of the PR reference or enable webhooks to receive a notification of the successful PR. This is a good way to ensure there's been no tampering.
- When defining a custom failure URL, Split will append an
errorskey with the errors as a query string parameter:
- You can include query string parameters in any custom URL. For example, you may want to include your internal
customer_idto the URL so that you can easily relate the payment result to your customer: